Monday, March 24, 2008

Spending Money


When I was in college my mom and I tried to make amends. After many years of running away she finally took an interest in my life. There were times growing up that she would disappear for months at a time, surfacing in small hick towns with a new boyfriend and a new trailer. It was hard keeping track of her nomadic ways. It was even harder depending on her as a parent. But once college came I made sure that she would be there for me. It saved our relationship. I remember once I received one of her famous care packages. They were usually full of unnecessary objects. Broken coffee mugs, zip lock bags full or safety pins. Weird romance novels were my favorite. My mom has always been kinda the cool mom. The kind that would smoke pot in fornt of her ten year old son then ride off into the sunset on the back of a Harley. I kinda hated her for that. Being the cool Mom sucked for the kid. The kid always had to make coffee for her, and buy cigs for her, and basically be her parent. That's what sucked about having a cool mom. Although, when I was in college she did send me the best care packages. A few times I did find tiny zip locks full of bad stuff. Meth was an easy sell. She always included a note.. In case you need some extra spending money! Like I would really sell free drugs. No way, me and my friends would snort that shit in one night. Be up for ten! This is were the true love for my mother came about. I admired her even more. Just imagine the kind of strength it takes to be so bold as to mail crystal meth to your son. Amazing. She's kinda famous.

No comments: