Friday, March 21, 2008

Dessert?


Once I was invited to a dessert party. I had never been to a dessert party and was very excited at the opportunity to make some amazing costumes. I devoted a whole day at Michael's shopping for spongy foam and plastic strawberries. After hours of painful hot gluing I surfaced with the most amazing hats you have ever seen. We were going to be the hit of the party. My friend and I wore pink and red. I wore a two foot tall pink cake, with white icing and strawberries. He wore a strawberry shortcake bonnet. We looked like total edible fags. I loved it. When we arrived at the party I was shocked to find that not one person had gone in costume. The host polite informed us they when she invited us to her dessert party she wanted us to bring a dessert, not come dressed as one. It was a very sad event. All the adults avoided us and only the nine year old daughter of the host talked to us. Desserts? Maybe I’m not refined enough.

No comments: